Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Myths Concerning Hermes

Myths Concerning Hermes

This is I, the  god of agility, and speed,  from which I am most commonly known for wearing a winged helmet, which I acquired the helmet by  killing a tortoise and using its shell as a helmet. But it was a day of doubt that followed me once I had acquired such an elegant helmet, something possessed me that made me want something more, something more than my elegant shoes and helmet, so I decided I wanted Apollo's cows, so I stole them, along with his bows and arrows. I had upset Zeus! I agreed to return them, and as a gift to Apollo, I played him a glorious song! I played so well and with such emotion and sorrow for what I had done that Apollo forgave me for what he I done and overlooked what had just happened.


Besides stealing cattle I also enjoy the hobby of leading the dead from the Underworld to the river Styx, as I am the tour guide to the gods you must remember.


3 comments:

  1. I liked the first myth not only because it really explains you, but because it was short, concise, and to the point. But you kind of left me hanging there when you added that snippet about the other myth. You should either finish telling the story or not have it at all. But I think my godly powers are rubbing off on you Hermes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you made your posts interesting by putting them all in first person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is leading the dead to the underworld a hobby? That sounds more like a duty to me. And as Ethan has previously stated, your secondary myth leaves us hanging. Don't write something that gives no information where we were expecting a good deal of myth.

    ReplyDelete