Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I was born in a cave...

Mount Cyllene, where I was born.

It was a dark night, the woman who gave birth to me, Maia, was relaxing in her cave on Mount Cyllene in Acadia when Zeus, the one who I today call father, entered the scene. Zeus and Maia conceded, and there-forth, I was born, in a cave on Mount Cyllene from my mother Maia and my father Zeus, who had snuck away from Hera so she would not expect him. Mount Cyllene is located between Arcadia and Achaea, and is much different from the setting of Mount Olympus which I am commonly attributed with. The name came from Cyllene, a woman who herself, was actually a mountain.

Mount Cyllene is now known as Mount Kyllini.


2 comments:

  1. Your details on this were really good! I like how you did it in first person, it made it a lot more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mount Cyllene appears to be anglicized version of Mount Kyllini, a more accurate Grecian spelling.

    ReplyDelete